[Ovmsdev] Metrics: Cabin Fan

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Wed Jan 6 15:40:58 HKT 2021

Jaunius,

generally speaken, a constraint isn't a metric, it's an inherent
property of the vehicle.

Most metrics have constraints. For example every battery cell voltage
has a valid range, that depends on the actual chemistry. Metrics are not
meant to transport these constant properties, they are meant to
represent dynamic measurements, states and readings.

We had a discussion on the former "capabilities" feature (MP message
code "V"), that was meant to transport constant vehicle & feature
support properties of this kind to clients. Currently, clients need to
know the vehicle specific capabilities & constraints. Capabilities
messages would formalize these and enable vehicle modules to send them.

You could work on defining a new capabilities mechanism, which is
extendable to all kinds of properties we do and may need.