[Ovmsdev] GPS theft alert

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Tue Feb 16 18:38:22 HKT 2021

Craig,

Am 15.02.21 um 21:53 schrieb Craig Leres:
> I'm not driving much during the pandemic and I believe it's true that
> every theft alert has occurred the first run after rebooting (as a
> result of pdating firmware -- for example I did not get a theft alert
> when I started the car after grocery shopping this morning).
>
> It looks like both vehicle_cadillac_c2_cts and
> vehicle_chevrolet_c6_corvette are missing an explicit set of
> ms_v_env_on to false on init; is this my problem? I reviewed this
> thread and I think that's what you concluded.

No, that wasn't my conclusion and that's not your problem. Your server
log doesn't provide any insight. I cannot reproduce your alerts and I
have no idea what causes them, and why only you seem to have the issue
now. My best guess at the moment is that your v.e.on logic doesn't work
as designed and sometimes fails to catch the vehicle switch-on.

I've extended the log output of the location module now, hoping that may
help. Please enable file logging with log level verbose for component
"location" and level debug for component "events".

The log file cannot catch the boot messages, so please also check a cold
and a warm boot process once for the location messages.

A cold boot should look like…

I (313) location: Initialising LOCATIONS (1900)
I (320) location: Expanding DUKTAPE javascript engine
I (885) location: UpdateParkPosition: vehicle is parking
@0.000000,0.000000 gpslock=0 satcount=0 hdop=0.0 invalid=1
I (58465) location: UpdateParkPosition: vehicle is parking
@12.302444,7.389884 gpslock=1 satcount=14 hdop=1.0 invalid=0
D (58475) events: Signal(gps.lock.acquired)
D (58475) events: Signal(system.modem.gotgps)
V (59475) location: CheckTheft: vehicle parked @12.302444,7.389884 now
@12.302319,7.389884 dist=14 smoothed=3 alarm=500
V (60485) location: CheckTheft: vehicle parked @12.302444,7.389884 now
@12.302460,7.389893 dist=2 smoothed=4 alarm=500
V (61475) location: CheckTheft: vehicle parked @12.302444,7.389884 now
@12.302383,7.389898 dist=7 smoothed=4 alarm=500

A warm boot should look like…

I (347) location: Initialising LOCATIONS (1900)
I (354) location: Expanding DUKTAPE javascript engine
I (930) location: UpdateParkPosition: vehicle is parking
@12.302380,7.389940 gpslock=0 satcount=0 hdop=0.0 invalid=1
I (36660) location: UpdateParkPosition: vehicle is parking
@12.302277,7.389902 gpslock=1 satcount=10 hdop=2.0 invalid=0
D (36660) events: Signal(gps.lock.acquired)
D (36670) events: Signal(system.modem.gotgps)
V (39670) location: CheckTheft: vehicle parked @12.302277,7.389902 now
@12.302265,7.389982 dist=6 smoothed=2 alarm=500

CheckTheft log entries are only written if the distance changes by 10 or
more meters.

When switching on the vehicle, you should see a log entry…

I (176995) location: UpdateParkPosition: vehicle is driving

When switching off after driving, it should look like…

I (199415) location: UpdateParkPosition: vehicle is parking
@12.302387,7.389946 gpslock=1 satcount=16 hdop=0.8 invalid=0
V (248415) location: CheckTheft: vehicle parked @12.302387,7.389946 now
@12.302387,7.389945 dist=0 smoothed=0 alarm=500

Please provide your location and event log messages after the next false
alert.