[Ovmsdev] Time for release 3.2.016?

Steve Davies steve at telviva.co.za
Sun Feb 14 02:43:27 HKT 2021

Hi Michael,

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 at 20:31, Michael Balzer <dexter at expeedo.de> wrote:

> do you run the wifi client in scanning mode or with a fixed SSID?

Gotta say I don't know.

I have added the SSID  for the house.  And only that one.

I don't see anything in the settings about scanning, or on the web
interface?

OVMS# config list wifi.ssid
wifi.ssid (protected writeable)
  DvDevs
OVMS# config list wifi.ap
wifi.ap (protected writeable)
  DvPanda

But even with just DvDevs defined, surely if the OVMS is going to reconnect
when I get home then it will have to scan from time to time for
DvDevs otherwise how would it ever know to reconnect?    (Well - one idea
is to be able to tell it to only look if you are in a specific location
("Home").

I did enable verbose logging for esp32wifi and I'll see what that tells me.

Steve

--
https://www.telviva.co.za/legal/email-disclaimer
<https://www.telviva.co.za/legal/email-disclaimer>