[Ovmsdev] Time for release 3.2.016?

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sun Feb 14 02:30:39 HKT 2021

Steve,

do you run the wifi client in scanning mode or with a fixed SSID?

If scanning, please set the log level for component "esp32wifi" to
verbose. You'll see the scans in the log. Then check if your tablet
connection drops correlate with the scans.

Further test options: a) set the client mode to a fixed SSID, b) disable
client mode (only run the AP).

Background info: scanning needs to pause the AP channel, and I had to
raise the scan time per channel to find all networks:
https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/commit/0a0c6ba577dca3e444853097383235323cfcc1a8

I'm suspecting the scan to take too long now for some devices, so they
lose the AP association.

Thanks,
Michael