[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3.3 hardware

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Aug 17 15:55:59 HKT 2021

Michael,

> 1. I had the impression we've had more than expected "modem not/stopped working" issues. Is that impression wrong, or didn't those cases share a hardware cause? I was wondering if that could be related to a voltage regulator issue (e.g. https://www.openvehicles.com/node/2855 <https://www.openvehicles.com/node/2855>).

I have had just three reports of modem module not working at 12V, but working at 5V. On two, the issue was the power regulator chip blown on the modem board. I don’t think there is anything inherently wrong there - probably just a faulty component or power surge.

> 2. Any chance to fix the missing HW flow control on the modem UART connection?

I don’t think we have enough GPIOs. Perhaps later when/if ESP32 S3 becomes suitable?

> 3. Will v3.3 automatically be built using the latest ESP32 WROVER, i.e. with the revision 3 ESP32 including the hardware SPIRAM fix?

They normally build each batch with the latest. I haven’t checked for a while, so will check one from the last batch I received, and let you know. We can request this, but it will depend on stock.

Regards, Mark.