[Ovmsdev] CAN LOG rework

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu Apr 15 15:48:33 HKT 2021

I’ve committed a rather large patch to the CAN LOG framework in master. Changes include:

Move to a connection-based framework, to better support multi-connection loggers
Support single connection loggers as a simple use case of multi-connection loggers
Move some functionality to the base canlog class, to remove burden from individual loggers
Re-work the formatter transmit callback mechanism to work off the connection objects (rather than the nasty transmit callback previously used)
Add support for dynamic per-connection pausing
Add support for dynamic per-connection filtering
Add support for control commands via CAN LOG clients
Implement control commands in CRTD formatter
Improve documentation for the CRTD format

Apart from the change in appearance to the ‘can log status’ command, this should be backwards compatible. It seems to work for me, but I will do a lot more testing over the coming few evenings. Trying to get ready for some other work that leverages this capability.

Regards, Mark