[Ovmsdev] Need some help on CAN errors

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sun Sep 20 19:57:48 HKT 2020

Chris & everyone,

I've pushed my fix for the out of sequence transmissions and faulty
transmission logs on bulk transmissions. My tests showed the esp32can
driver had the same issue.

The fix uses a mutex to avoid concurrent frame writes from the
application and CAN task context.

In addition I fixed a bug in the mcp2515 driver that caused endless log
spam in case of bus errors -- the same error condition would get logged
over and over again.

Chris, I've also raised the default CAN TX queue size to 30 to allow
your 22 frames to be queued with a standard build as well. But I hope
that's just a first hack and won't be necessary once you figured out how
the protocol works.