[Ovmsdev] PSRAM bugfix: next round

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sun Nov 8 19:22:51 HKT 2020

Everyone,

the announced bug fix for the regression in toolchain 1.22.0-96-g2852398
has been released for esp-idf v3.3.

I've merged the latest updates to esp-idf release 3.3.4 into our fork
and added the new options to our default build configuration. This
includes some additional PSRAM related fixes.

The toolchain download links in the docs have not yet been updated. Use
these links to download the new toolchain:

  * Linux 64 bit:
    https://dl.espressif.com/dl/xtensa-esp32-elf-linux64-1.22.0-97-gc752ad5-5.2.0.tar.gz
  * MacOS:
    https://dl.espressif.com/dl/xtensa-esp32-elf-macos-1.22.0-97-gc752ad5-5.2.0.tar.gz
  * Windows 64 bit:
    https://dl.espressif.com/dl/xtensa-esp32-elf-win32-1.22.0-97-gc752ad5-5.2.0.zip

See
https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/commit/81da2bae2aa3e15a1793d40bb9648620f8cd2555
for other architectures.

Simply replace your existing toolchain installation by unpacking the
archive. Test your toolchain installation by checking
xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc --version.

To update your esp-idf clone:

  * cd $IDF_PATH
  * git pull
  * git submodule update --recursive

Replace your sdkconfig by the default one or set all new config options
to their defaults. I recommend doing a full rebuild of the OVMS firmware
(i.e. make clean ; make). You should then get firmware version
3.2.015-150-gf6121ddd/factory/edge (build idf v3.3.4-845-gd59ed8bba Nov
8 2020 11:50:31) or higher.