[Ovmsdev] VW e-Up read/poll via OBD is working

Soko ovms at soko.cc
Thu Jul 30 23:56:02 HKT 2020

@devmarxx: Is there any doc/guide on how to use this RE Tools?

@Michael: Yeah, I know. You would have done my 1-day work in 5 mins. I
know C++ but I don't know the OVMS framework. But its like with any
project: The issue is not the language, its the framework.

Until you have yours you have to settle with me unfortunately ;)

My cousin has a working VCDS HEX interface and I have an y-adapter so I
can listen with an ELM327 adapter to the commands VCDS is sending. Maybe
I can find any car status there. Device 09 is a good hint.

But as you said: I have still have to poll this, even if I find a status.

I can't say (of course) if there's another CAN bus @ OBD port. All this
CAN/OBD/Bus stuff is completely new to me.. ModBus RTU/TCP, MBus etc. I
would know ;)

So if you can point me in any direction what to try - or what you would
do - I happy to dig into it.

Soko

PS: Any idea when you'll get your Mii?