[Ovmsdev] App for Garmin Watches

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu Jul 16 13:17:59 HKT 2020

Sebastien,

Sounds exciting. I have some comments/questions:

You are free to publish this wherever you desire.
Similarly, the logo and images are ok for you to use.
We try to use ‘Open Vehicles’ as the name. It is short, but explains the project goals in a better way than the OVMS abbreviation.
Do you handle the selection of server (api / Dexter / whatever) or fixed to just api.openvehicles.com?
Why is your AWS Lambda required? If the HTTP API cannot be used directly, is there a workaround we can do (such as extending the server code) to avoid the requirement for yet another server? I ask because this has security and trust implications for the end-user.
A note that medium to long term, it will be better to use api token based authentication - but server side support for that is still in progress so you can’t really use that today.

Regards, Mark.