[Ovmsdev] Addition to OVMS Developer Guide

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Dec 28 16:45:44 HKT 2020

Steve,

thanks, looks good. Instead of removing the section from the Google doc,
I suggest replacing it by a link to the RTD page.

Content suggestions:

  * Please check for typos and grammar.
  * I think it's worth mentioning RegisterCommand() tolerates duplicate
    registrations, allowing to forget about the init sequence.
  * I opt to change the side note "explanatory text can be included"
    into a strong recommendation, as we still have many commands that
    lack explanations, and we should avoid the impression of that being
    the accepted standard. Users shall gain confidence about using a
    command by reading the command's usage info.
  * The cleanup scheme (command deregistration) is missing.
  * An explanation of the "execute" and "validate" handler signatures
    probably also fits into the scope of this page.