[Ovmsdev] Changing Existing Functionalities

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Dec 14 14:00:36 HKT 2020

One possible convention for this is to:

Identify the car version early on (either automatically, or by configuration) and store it in a local member variable. Perhaps as an enumerated type.

For new experimental features, key them on either (a) specific car version known to work, or (b) a configuration option being enabled for that feature.

The above would allow new features to be released for vehicle versions they have been tested on, maintain stability for other vehicle versions, but also allowing other types to set a config variable to be able to test the feature (and later enable it by default for that version should it be found to work).

Regards, Mark.