[Ovmsdev] Configuring notifations

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Aug 31 16:11:31 HKT 2020

From what I can see, the filtering is by subtype, on caller.

In the case of ovms_server_v2, I see:

MyOvmsServerV2Reader = MyNotify.RegisterReader("ovmsv2", COMMAND_RESULT_NORMAL, std::bind(OvmsServerV2ReaderCallback, _1, _2),
                                                   true, std::bind(OvmsServerV2ReaderFilterCallback, _1, _2));

Which seems to enable filtering, and uses ‘ovmsv2’ as the caller.

Then we have:

bool OvmsNotifyCallbackEntry::Accepts(OvmsNotifyType* type, const char* subtype, size_t size)
  {
  // Check size
  if (size > m_verbosity)
    return false;
  // Check filter by config:
  if (m_configfiltered)
    {
    std::string filter = MyConfig.GetParamValue("notify", subtype);
    if (!filter.empty() && filter.find(m_caller) == string::npos)
      return false;
    }
  // Check filter by callback:
  if (m_filtercallback)
    {
    if (m_filtercallback(type, subtype) == false)
      return false;
    }
  return true;
  }

So I’m guessing ‘config set notify vehicle.charge ovmsv2’? Or is that filter out, so needs to list the notifications that it will accept? First time I’ve noticed this, and can’t even remember us having this facility.

Regards, Mark.