[Ovmsdev] Override WebUI Dashboard

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat Aug 22 02:25:02 HKT 2020

Soko,

user plugins currently cannot override system pages. That's by design
for security and system stability.

Compiled modules OTOH can override all system page handlers simply by
calling MyWebServer.RegisterPage() on the URI to replace, passing their
own handler. The default behaviour of the API call is to replace an
existing handler.

Before replacing the dashboard completely, consider customizing and/or
extending it.

The dashboard gauges can be customized by overriding the
OvmsVehicle::GetDashboardConfig() method. See
OvmsVehicleRenaultTwizy::GetDashboardConfig() for an example.

Hook extensions (inline page callbacks) can be installed by users and by
compiled modules. See:
https://docs.openvehicles.com/en/latest/components/ovms_webserver/docs/hooks.html
…and the webserver's RegisterCallback() method.

The dashboard provides the "body.pre" hook for extensions. See
OvmsVehicleRenaultTwizy::WebExtDashboard() for a native code example
adding a drive mode profile switcher to the dashboard. This example user
plugin adds tuning sliders to the dashboard:
https://docs.openvehicles.com/en/latest/components/ovms_webserver/docs/plugin-twizy/dashboard-tuneslider.html