[Ovmsdev] Refactoring MODEM/SIMCOM for v3.3

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Aug 21 10:41:12 HKT 2020

The prototype board I have is just a SIM7600 put onto our existing layout. In fact, the PCB layout we have was designed to work with either SIM5360 or SIM7600, interchangeably.That is the reason it has pads for three antenna sockets. The power issues are throwing a bit of a wrench into that plan.

Perhaps when I’ve finished with the firmware refactoring of modem support, your SIM7600 will work. I’m currently planning to add firmware support for the SIM7600. Not sure which final modem module we will choose - the initial firmware support is simply proof-of-concept. I like the idea of NB-IoT, and have played with SIM7020 (no GPS/GNSS though). The SIM7000 looks interesting (LTE, NB-IoT, EDGE, and GPS/GNSS).

Regards, Mark.