[Ovmsdev] New pull requests pending

Chris van der Meijden chris at arachnon.de
Fri Aug 14 15:18:38 HKT 2020

Hey Soko,

sorry I don't agree on this pull request.

We have already discussed this.

Lets put this straight. My code for the T26A part is not ready yet.
Climate control is still very buggy and it would confuse the user to
have such a buggy feature within a possible OVMS release. It will take
me probably a week or two, maybe longer, to get the climate control
fixed. Then we can do a pull request to the master.

An other point we also talked about, is that you have not documented
your OBD part at all. This is also not acceptable. You can't put
features with in the official OVMS repository that are not documented
at all. How does the user use your VW e-Up OBD part? What hardware is
needed? Where does the user see the results in the webfrontend? Does
the app work with your code? ...

You can't put unready code in the master.

That is the reason why we use forks. We merge a fork when we have kind
of stable code with features that are well documented.

This is not the case at the moment with the splitted VW e-Up code.

Regards

Chris