[Ovmsdev] 3.2.011 BUG for MIEV based cars

Michael Eric Menk mikeemenk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 21:36:19 HKT 2020

On 25.04.2020 20:24, Tamás Kovács wrote:
> Thanks the log, now i modified the AC charge detection code.
>
> If you want to try add the following to config / firmware / flash from
> web : kommykt-nas.ddns.net:22289/ovms3.bin
> <http://kommykt-nas.ddns.net:22289/ovms3.bin>
> This is my NAS, the internet speed is not very high.

It now works

OVMS# stat
Type1 - Charging
234.0V/5.7A
SOC: 95.5%
Ideal range: 73km
Est. range: 92km
ODO: 82155.0km
CAC: 41.8Ah
SOH: 87%
AC charge: 0.070kWh kWh

DC charge: 0.040kWh kWh

> Should I rewrite the old RR display during quick charging?

Its better that its empty than 255.

So, the Est. range in OVMS should not be updated if the CAN bus claims
255, or sett to null.

*Future improvments*

But lets us see what numbers we have.

The car calculates RR from the last 24 km. When driving downhill this
can be a bit optimistic, and pessimistic while driving uphill.

* We have the Ah of the battery
* We have the wh/km from 'xmi trip' (test if it has a valid range first)

RR is 0 when CAN SOC is 10% (0% on display)

So RR can CAC and xmi.v.bat.cac.rem to calculate a RR.

When tha calculation is done, the lowest number of est range and ideal
range is shown (in order to prevent error from downhill driving).

With this method, you will get the heater usage inn to the calculation
and over-optimistic range due to downhill driving.