[Ovmsdev] Cannot reset simcom stuck in PoweringOn state without removing module power

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Mon Nov 25 11:26:06 HKT 2019

On 11/22/2019 2:12 PM, Craig Leres wrote:
> Tomorrow I'll try to pull my car modules and determine if the modem
> boards have the pullup resistor or not.

My oldest module has R5 near the MAX7317 and is silk screened with V3.1.
My next oldest module also says V3.1. And my third module says V3.2.

On 11/23/2019 4:46 AM, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
> It would be useful to see a debug log from the modem in that state. See
> what is being sent to it, and what it replies with (if anything) -
> particularly through the MDM_EN reset cycles.

>From what I remember when I started this thread the modem was not
sending anything.

I wish we had a reliable way to get a modem in this state.

I think ultimately would be interesting is a trace of the PWKEY pin on
the simcom. I might try taking a wire to the board.

		Craig