[Ovmsdev] Cannot reset simcom stuck in PoweringOn state without removing module power

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Nov 23 20:46:49 HKT 2019

Craig,

This is the line that matters:

State: PoweringOn

The others all show the status before the last power down.

That state means it is sending OK’s to the modem, and waiting for a response. If it doesn’t get one, it will try a reset (via MDM_EN) and wait again.

It would be useful to see a debug log from the modem in that state. See what is being sent to it, and what it replies with (if anything) - particularly through the MDM_EN reset cycles.

Regards, Mark.