[Ovmsdev] Distinguishing between eNiro and Kona

Peter Lord plord12 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 17:46:32 HKT 2019

Hi All,

In trying to get my UK Kona Electric working I've realised that in the eNiro code we need to distinguish between :

* Kia eNero and Hyundai Kona ( console odometer is different PID location )
* Country ( console odometer can be in Miles or Kilometres )
* Left hand drive and right hand drive ( door PID's are associated with driver position not fixed left/right )

I'm wondering whats the best way to do this.

I believe the VIN number can tell us the first one - Hyundai is KMH and Kia KN, so the odometer code could
look at the VIN number to choose where to extract the odometer info.

However I'm not sure on the others.  I can't tell if the VIN number gives this level of detail.

My UK Kona ( right hand dive, uses miles ) VIN starts with KMHK581GUKU - but I've not found a definitive way to
fully decode the VIN for eNiro and Kona Electric.

I guess the other option is to add some car specific features.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Pete