[Ovmsdev] Trying to get a new car in, CRTD, CANbus and all

Julien “JaXX” Banchet jaxx at jaxx.org
Tue Jul 16 01:49:37 HKT 2019

> On 15 Jul 2019, at 19:28, Michael Balzer <dexter at expeedo.de> wrote:
>
> Julien,
>
> hope you got that e-UP at a reasonable price, they were pretty far overpriced on introduction. But they seem to be very efficient, so good choice.

9600€ second hand 2014 64000km, perfect shape, all (few) wearable parts replaced, that’s 3 to 4000€ less than the usual second hand price in France, though the double-batteried new versions (also arriving via Seat and Skoda) is probably gonna bump down the second hand market on pre 2019 models.

A friend, IT engineer at VW France, told me to give it a shot and ask for a battery swap, they haven’t answered *shrug*, but well, 150km is more than enough for me

And damn, the little bug packs a punch, I can trigger traction control a tad too easily, lots of fun, and comfort compared to the Twizy, in all honesty :)

Anyways, that’s me digressing.

> Your CRTD log only shows OBD2 requests, and there seem to be four devices answering to them.
>
> As Craig wrote, the process data may be on another bus, and the bus you're on now only does request/response communication.
>
> Next would be to check for more CAN buses and to check out more OBD2 requests targeted at those four devices.

Yeah, all I saw was eventually pulling down K-Line to trigger some diag modes, though, with an OBDEleven dongle, I could play with the dashboard dials with the car fully on, so I don’t know at which point triggering that generates or opens more traffic or not without having to stall the car. I might end up opening it up to see which pins are used by elimination.

I don’t believe from the little I read that CAN1 is used at all, but again, lots of the content I find are for older birds… or get my hands on a screw on OBD plug to poke around…

The road will be long, but I will certainly not be satisfied by the embedded CarNet service (gotta see how that thing is connected! That’s an idea)

The Twizy was simple in a sense ;-)