[Ovmsdev] Trying to get a new car in, CRTD, CANbus and all

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Fri Jul 19 15:51:19 HKT 2019

On 2019-07-18 20:58, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
> I’m liking this so much I setup a build environment for SavvyCAN. The QT
> stuff is enormous and seems to require an account with them, but once
> you’ve gotten over the QT hurdle, SavvyCAN itself builds relatively
> cleanly for me on OSX 10.14.5.
>
> My github repo is here:
>
>     https://github.com/markwj/SavvyCAN
>

> I’ve made changes there to support the latest CRTD format, as documented
> here:
>
>     https://docs.openvehicles.com/en/latest/crtd/
>

> And also sent a pull request to get these incorporated into the main
> codebase. The changes are minimal.
>
> I too have seen some crashes. I suspect it is related to high speed /
> volume of logs, at it seems to occur for me after running against a live
> car for a while. It doesn’t seem to crash when running under the
> debugger (which makes things trickier to catch).

Earlier I took a run at a FreeBSD port and I got something close to
building pretty quickly. I already build wireshark and it needs a lot of
the qt5 modules so they were mostly already available before I started.
A little more work just now and I have an (untested) binary.

I have zero experience debugging under windows but if it crashes on
FreeBSD I will have a better time trying to fix it.

		Craig