[Ovmsdev] Improving documentation from user's point of view - Leaf and ACC support request for help

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Fri Jan 4 01:39:31 HKT 2019

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019, Robert Sharpe (Electric Vehicle Consultant) wrote:

> Has anyone got any thoughts on ACC feature documentation?

The ACC feature does not exist (yet) in OVMSv3.  Mark has said that it
should be possible to write scripts to perform the same functions, so
I started out to do that and discovered that there are some required
pieces still missing.

>             2) ACC features
> 2.1) Is the following documentation relevant to current version
>       OVMS ACC Configuration (Tesla Motors Club, Oct 2017) - is this valid
> for non-Tesla cars?

I don't know.  I didn't have OVMSv2 and so never used ACC.

>       v2.5.5 firmware (2013) - is this still valid?

That version number was for OVMSv2.  OVMSv3 has completely different
firmware and a new version sequence.

> 2.2) Where is the source code for ACC?
>       I cant find "CHARGEBY" references in github.

Does not exist.

> 2.3) Can someone help with ACC help text?

Waiting for a couple of things Mark said he was working on.

                                                        -- Steve