[Ovmsdev] Callout for JDM Nissan Leaf VINs

Anko Hanse anko_hanse at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 23 15:01:33 HKT 2019

This is related to feature requests #180 and #181 (automatic detection of model-year and battery size).

For USA and EU style VINs we might have a method of deriving the year and battery size. Unfortunately cars made for the Japanese Domestic Market and frequently imported 2nd hand into Australia and New Zealand do not use a VIN but instead have some sort of serial number in the form of ZE0-123456 or AZE0-123456.

I have posted a request on a NZ forum (www.geekzone.co.nz<http://www.geekzone.co.nz/>) for people to email me their JDM style VIN combined with year (and possibly month) and battery size. Note that LeafSpy-Pro also toggles with another VIN-like number, I'm interested in that too if people can get it. If not then just the ZE0- or AZE0- number is fine...
Possibly any NZ OVMS users seeing this post can do the same and also email me those details or reply here. For privacy reasons I would suggest to mask the lowest digits of your VINs, i.e:

    AZE0-2003xx, Dec 2015, 30kwh, 230JT11122000xxx

Hopefully that will give us some new insights... I very much hope our collective powers can confirm that ZE0-1xxxxx and AZE0-1xxxxx is 24kwh, AZE0-2xxxxx is 30kwh, AZE1-1xxxxx is 40kwh and possibly AZE1-2xxxxx will be 62kwh    :-)