[Ovmsdev] Kia Soul strangeness

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Sep 28 09:08:20 HKT 2018

I have some support tickets raised for Kia Soul:

https://www.openvehicles.com/node/2095 <https://www.openvehicles.com/node/2095>

I have a 2018 Kia Soul EV.
App Version: 3.12.4 (20180428)
Vehicle: G8-Soul
Server: 2.1.1-20121216
Car Firmware: 3.1.010/ota_0/main
The nav screen and / or radio comes on. I've only noticed this happening when the Level 2 charger is plugged in. This happens when the vehicle is locked as well.
After a few minutes, the radio / NAV screen shuts off (like when it times out, before exiting the car). It will also shut off, as soon as the driver's door is opened.
It also happens when the car is not plugged in.

and:

https://www.openvehicles.com/node/2094 <https://www.openvehicles.com/node/2094>

I have a 2018 Kia Soul EV.
App Version: 3.12.4 (20180428)
Vehicle: G8-Soul
Server: 2.1.1-20121216
Car Firmware: 3.1.010/ota_0/main
When I lock, unlock, open / close doors, and I even noticed when the hazards lights are on. The app receives: "Unrecognized command", multiple times, sometimes 2-3, sometimes 10-15.
Is there a way to disable this?

and:

https://www.openvehicles.com/node/2093 <https://www.openvehicles.com/node/2093>

Im reciving "Unrecognised command" in may iOS app, every time I unlock/lock door, and many other staff.
-when i unlock door
-when I lock doors
-when put on emergency signal
-On OVMS i klik, that I want to use trunk knob on key set for opening
-If I click on Lock in app ... and then enter PIN ... app crash
- if I move "SLIDE TO CHARGE" nothing happened .... by the way, if car is charging, it say that... it should said "slide to stop charging" ( I think)
- what means "ideal range" ? .... Estimated range is now 156km ... and Ideal Range is 45km ... what that means
I still dont know how to add Soul Picture... in app I now using other car ...Ampera :(
My Car KIA SOUL EV 30kW
OVMS is version 3
firmware is updated to newest one..

Seems very strange. Any ideas? Any Kia Soul developers here can assist?