[Ovmsdev] Roadster cooldown

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Oct 29 09:25:23 HKT 2018

Steve,

I see:

OVMS# charge cooldown
Cooldown has been started
I (649473622) ovms-server-v2: Send MP-0 PIRange - Charging|247.0V/1.0A|SOC: 23.0%|Ideal range: 69M|Est. range: 64M|ODO: 53271.4M|CAC: 187.0Ah|SOH: 70%|
I (649500622) v-teslaroadster: Cooldown: 0 cycles 33C/31C (with 60 minute(s) remaining)
I (649560622) v-teslaroadster: Cooldown: 0 cycles 32C/31C (with 59 minute(s) remaining)
I (649620622) v-teslaroadster: Cooldown: 0 cycles 32C/31C (with 58 minute(s) remaining)
I (649637002) ovms-server-v2: Incoming Msg: MP-0 Z1
I (649637002) ovms-server-v2: One or more peers have connected
I (649637622) ovms-server-v2: Send MP-0 S24.0,M,238,32,charging,range,70,65,70,2,0,0,5,1,3,0,0,0,184.42,274,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,-4.15,0.00,59
I (649637622) ovms-server-v2: Send MP-0 D93,0,5,35,32,32,1965,532713,0,33239,21,2,1,1,12.73,0,12.6,128,35,0,0
I (649680622) v-teslaroadster: Cooldown: 0 cycles 31C/31C (with 57 minute(s) remaining)
I (649680622) v-teslaroadster: Cooldown: Cycle 0 cooldown completed
I (649879822) ovms-server-v2: Send MP-0 PAStandard - Charge Stopped|SOC: 17.0%|Ideal range: 41M|Est. range: 38M|ODO: 53271.4M|CAC: 184.4Ah|SOH: 59%|

It seems that the battery was at 33C when cooldown started. Took about 3 minutes for it to come down to 31C and for cooldown to then stop.

Not sure about the 32A. It certainly seems that way. The code has:

void OvmsVehicleTeslaRoadster::Ticker1(uint32_t ticker)
  …
  if ((m_cooldown_running)&&(StandardMetrics.ms_v_charge_inprogress->AsBool()))
    …
    if (m_cooldown_recycle_ticker > 0)
      …
      if (StandardMetrics.ms_v_charge_climit->AsInt() != 10)
        {
        // 10A charge when cooling down
        ESP_LOGI(TAG, "Cooldown: Cycle %d fix charge current to 10A",m_cooldown_cycles_done);
        CommandSetChargeCurrent(10);
        }

That should continually try to change the charge current, so long as it is not 10A (while doing a cooldown, charge in progress, etc).

Your car is a 1.5, right? Perhaps we have charge limit incorrect for that model?

I think the simplest would be to be able to get into the car remotely during a cooldown. Just OVMS server v2 should be fine. Probably worth setting 'xtr cooldown.templimit 25’ to it doesn’t stop too quickly, then arrange a time when you can start this, and I can monitor remotely. Need to see how all those metrics change and what other messages are produced.

Regards, Mark.