[Ovmsdev] Can buses stop after some time

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Mon May 14 18:17:35 HKT 2018

On 14/05/18 20:36, Stein Arne Sordal wrote:

> I also tried to raise the stack size to 6144.
> It seems like it got worse…Can buses (RX) stops working more often. TX
> is fine.

I don't see an improvement either. I wrote the new firmware with updated
sdkconfig at about 3pm yesterday and it rebooted and lost the state of
charge metric at 8:45pm, the car woke up at midnight and started
charging, providing data for the SOC metric, during the charge there
were a couple of gaps in the telemetry, charging finished at 3:10am and
the OVMS rebooted at 3:45. The OVMS then stopped sending telemetry
completely at 7:20 am when the car was switched back on. I had a chance
to plug a laptop in and the module was unresponsive on the serial port.

I'm not sending the monotonic metric so it's only possible to see the
first reboot after the car is switched off (when it forgets the SOC).

I've built a version of the firmware with most things turned off (and
found vehicle depends on webserver and webserver depends on OTA) I'll
see how that goes tonight.

Otherwise I'll get the datalogger out and/or try the sdcard logger again.