[Ovmsdev] v3 hardware disconnecting from v2 server

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Mar 25 17:52:40 HKT 2018

On 25/03/18 02:41, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
> The issue I was having was some task (I suspect lwip) gets messed up. Stopping the modem, trying to connect wifi, etc, all just locked up the async console. I think you had the same?

Re-winding this thread to the 'power simcom off' freezes the console
aspect as distinct from the disabling the simcard issue. I had the
module disconnect again this evening, though without a datalogger
attached. Some more information about this state:

The mux is up
AT communication with the simcom works on channel 3 and logs the
expected tx and rx
The simcom is connected to the cellular network
No log messages recording periodic communications with the simcom are
being recorded
The monotonic and park time counters are not advancing.

Could the cause of this problem be that the timers have stopped? This
could explain why the periodic interrogation of the simcom has stopped,
and perhaps simcom power off has a spin wait or other loop waiting
forever for the timer to advance?

What is the best way to investigate the state of the timers and periodic
execution?

See attached for a transcript of this debugging session.