[Ovmsdev] MDNS crash

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Tue Mar 20 09:39:51 HKT 2018

Greg,

Sorry, your message got trapped by one of my spam filters, so here is
a late reply:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018, Greg D. wrote:
> Stephen Casner wrote:
>
> Greg, the async console is a separate task that should be able to look
> at some things as long as they don't depend upon the networking tasks
> or objects.  Is it hung also?
>
> Async console? So, not USB. Don't have a connection for that.

The USB connection is the async console, as it says in its welcome
banner.

My idea was that if the condition you want to test includes the wifi
network being up, then you could use telnet or ssh to get another
console and issue the command that would hang in that console.  Then
you should be able to still get a response to input on the async
(USB) console.  The 'module tasks' command does not yet show anything
about the task state (other than that it exists), but maybe I can add
that.

                                                        -- Steve