[Ovmsdev] v3 hardware disconnecting from v2 server
tom at carrott.org
Thu Mar 15 18:18:36 HKT 2018
On 15/03/18 13:28, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
> This (and the subsequent work to do this globally, irrespective of the
> state) seems to be working well in my car for the past couple of days.
> How is it working out for you? Are you still getting cases where the
> SIMCOM loses connectivity and it can’t recover?
It's much much better, but it's still broken :( Yesterday, with the
first half of your changes, it had very poor connectivity but was able
to reconnect several times. Today, with the second half of your changes,
it didn't seem to reconnect by itself. Unfortunately I haven't had a
data logger on it with your improvements so I don't have a lot of
information about what is wrong. I went and investigated it's current
state this evening and while the CLI user interface was working well,
nothing simcom related was being logged. I guess there's something that
wedges that task.
I wasn't able to make it connect by rebooting with the button. Stuff
happened, but it didn't talk to the v2 server. It's possible the signal
strength is too weak at this location? I tried two OVMS antennas with no
luck. I've attached the log. I've testing a Spark m2m simcard, and the
last few days have been using that. I have access to their m2m
monitoring facility, that reported a 3 minute session with 1457 bytes up
and 5321 bytes down. After failing to reconnect after rebooting with the
button, I put the 2degress consumer simcard back in and it connected
immediately. You can see the last thing I do in the log is change the
apn. I haven't included the log of the working session.
Thank you for finding the mux bugs, I'm sorry I haven't had time to
debug it myself. I'll try to get some minor leaf improvements in before
the firmware is locked in but my weekend is looking busy again :(
In other New Zealand news, 2degrees turned off their 2g network early
this morning. Vodafone are apparently going to keep theirs up until
2025. I've got a new simcard for my v2 module but I haven't switched it
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 20532 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the OvmsDev