[Ovmsdev] Moving to a production cycle

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Mar 3 17:27:51 HKT 2018

They’ll do pretty much whatever we ask them to do.

To try to formalise this, so everyone can see, I’ve created a production/qc/production_notes.txt file with the production notes that will be given to the China side. This should document all the production and QC steps they should do.

What I have at the moment is:

** TOOLS

1] DB9 CAN Bus QC tool

   DB9 Female with:
    * Pins 2, 4, and 6 connected (all CAN-L signals)
    * Pins 5, 7, and 8 connected (all CAN-H signals)
    * R120 between pins 2 and 5
    * External 12V power connector
      * GND on pin 3
      * +12V on pin 9

** PRODUCTION STEPS

1] Default wifi AP and module passwords

   OVMS> config set wifi.ap OVMS <serialnumber>
   OVMS> config set password module <serialnumber>

   Where <serialnumber> is the serial number from the label on the enclosure.

I think that should set both the module default and auto wifi AP passwords to the serial number of the module. That will be on a label on the underside of the module.

You are correct: this is a connected car, with possibly disastrous consequences should somebody malicious gain access. Best to err on the side of caution.

Regards, Mark.