[Ovmsdev] Moving to a production cycle

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat Mar 3 04:07:42 HKT 2018

Mark,

Am 26.02.2018 um 07:28 schrieb Mark Webb-Johnson:

> I’ve asked the China side. Specifically:
>
>  1. Can you print serial number stickers for these modules? I can provide design - and we can print a large batch.
>  2. Then, during manufacturing, have one step to enter serial number as password into module, like:
>      1. Flash
>      2. Connect terminal
>      3. QC checks
>      4. New step to type: config set wifi.ap OVMS <serialnumber>

Just to double check: so we won't set the module password, only the AP pass phrase?

Has setting the module password any drawbacks?

I'm asking because I assume the SMS channel -as soon as implemented- will also provide command access, which would be open by default as well without a module
password.

Setting the module password would secure the webserver as well.