[Ovmsdev] First connection to car

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Sat Mar 24 13:19:02 HKT 2018

I took my OVMS v3.0 off the desk and into the car for the first time
this evening.  The only real hitch was that I had a hard time
inserting the plug of the diagnostic cable into the car's connector.
It seemed to be hitting a stop halfway in, whereas the old cable for
my v1 unit goes in easily.  Perhaps just a stiff release lever.

In the middle of fiddling with connections I had a stack overflow
crash in the tiT task, but after getting everything connected and
doing a reset the wifi and modem came up successfully.  Since I had
not used the modem or Hologram SIM yet, I stopped wifi and then
verified that my car status was making its way to the server and from
there to the iPhone app.  No news here; others have done much more
testing than this.

                                                        -- Steve