[Ovmsdev] Test results of latest changes

Julien “JaXX” Banchet jaxx at jaxx.org
Wed Mar 21 02:19:28 HKT 2018

On 20 Mar 2018 at 18:31 +0100, Michael Balzer <dexter at expeedo.de>, wrote:
> Commit a9bfcc761e8853a5ad1e7cee4b966d012fc33895
>
> …every (!) mode is working now! :-)

Gonna give that a shot :-) I love apclient mode, too bad it needs an SSID set (I thought there where limitations, like channel selection for instance which could have been logic, but I don’t really see any reason in fact)

> Wifi client, ap, apclient, also with MDNS enabled, switching networks, using the webserver via any net and using the MDNS name -- everything works.
>
> RAM is as tight as before, had one out of memory crash in apclient mode with MDNS, but I also still have memory debugging enabled.
>
> MDNS has a memory overhead of 3-8 KB depending on the wifi mode, so I also consider disabling it again for my 3.0 module.

Could this be switched off parametrically (and on the fly) ? (I don’t have any uses cases for it and could easily live without for instance and still have a bit of headroom for other things like having the SD card mounted :) )

> I also haven't seen any strange things in the task list or memory leak during the test.
>
> This looks very good.

Julien

PS: the spare OBD cable was badly cabled, used the one on the v2: no more Christmas lights, even with RT module, though even at home it seems it won’t stick stable on GSM anymore (it registers but PPP goes away (just AP mode on wifi))