[Ovmsdev] MQTT and Ovms Server v3

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Jul 16 12:47:21 HKT 2018

Drupal authentication is done, and working against mosquitto now on the live api.openvehicles.com <http://api.openvehicles.com/> site. Plain text MQTT only at the moment (I still need to get mosquitto and OVMS module firmware supporting SSL).

To configure OVMS v3 to use Server V3 protocol:

config set:
vehicle id <vehicleid>
server.v3 server api.openvehicles.com <http://api.openvehicles.com/>
server.v3 port 1883
server.v3 user <openvehicles.com <http://openvehicles.com/> username>
password server.v3 <openvehicles.com <http://openvehicles.com/> password>

server v3 start

Can also 'config set auto server.v3 yes’ to auto-start at boot

If you have an MQTT client, you can connect to the same server to query the metrics, issue commands, etc. The default topic hierarchy is ovms/<username>/<vehicleid>.

I think we are close now. Just need SSL support. And then Apps…

Feedback appreciated.

Regards, Mark.