[Ovmsdev] MQTT and Ovms Server v3

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Jul 6 16:16:46 HKT 2018

>>> I suppose the following topic names:
>>> metrics:       <prefix>/metric/#
>>> events:        <prefix>/event/#
>>> notifications: <prefix>/notify/#
>>> config:        <prefix>/config/#
>>> logs:          <prefix>/log/<tag>
>>> active:        <prefix>/client/<clientid>/active
>>> requests:      <prefix>/client/<clientid>/request/#
>>
>> All ok. I am fine with this, and looks clean. I will make the changes today, as I want to get this into some cars asap so we can get a feel for how it behaves.

Ok. Now implemented, and tested:

<prefix>/metric/#
<prefix>/client/<clientid>/active

I don’t think config, logs, and requests are critical or urgent. So, I will try to finish events tonight (as that is relatively simple). Notifications over the weekend (more tricky, especially for historical data). It can go in my car with tonight’s nightly ota, for real world testing.

I’m still trying to get the authentication working for drupal vs mosquitto. Once that is done, I can open up api.openvehicles.com <http://api.openvehicles.com/> MQTT for public use. If I can’t get it done within the next couple of days, I’ll try another broker (lua scripting, anyone?).

P.S. Commands over MQTT are pretty cool: