[Ovmsdev] Android App v3.12.2 in Play Store

Robert Cotran robert at cotran.ca
Thu Jan 4 00:14:19 HKT 2018

Geir,

Your message caught my attention.  (Sorry for hijacking the list here,
there are two OVMS questions though...)

You mention that the SoulEV has a lot of problems with the 12V battery.
I have to agree with you.  After leaving the car for 3/4 days without
driving it, we often find the 12V battery is dead and needs to be
recharged.  Do you think it might be the OVMS module that drains it?  I
still think the DC-DC from the large battery should kick in and charge
the 12V so don't know why it's happening.

I had another question for you.  We've had our SoulEV for a bit over two
years now.  When we got it, it would comfortably do 150km range in warm
weather, but now after only two years, we get like 110km in warm weather
and 100km in cold weather.  That's crazy degradation.  We have escalated
this to Kia Canada but they say the car is operating normally.  I was
wondering if you were seeing similar degradation in your pack?

Haven't gotten around to tracing CAN yet.  So busy with other things in
life. :(

The additions you made to the OVMS iOS app sound awesome, do you think
you'll port them to the Android app as well?

Thanks again!

Robert