[Ovmsdev] DB29 expansion GPIO

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Jan 20 16:12:36 HKT 2018

The EGPIOs (plus the rest) go to the expansion socket (modem, etc). Also available there are the GEP lines (which are externally exposed).

The idea was that expansion boards take the EGPIO lines (plus whatever else they need), do their stuff, and expose their output on the GEP pins of the DB26.

In general, I would recommend staying away from EXP_1 and EXP_2 as those are directly on the ESP32 and are thus very valuable (the last two unused pins).

I guess if you wanted to directly expose EGPIO lines as GEP, then all that is needed would be internal jumper wires on the internal expansion connector.

Regards, Mark.