[Ovmsdev] Missing File?

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sat Jan 20 04:45:15 HKT 2018

On 20/01/18 00:37, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:

> Can you check ‘git branch’. Make sure you are on ‘master’ branch (not 2.1).

I did some digging and I had ended up with the
https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf.git esp-idf. Once I changed to
https://github.com/openvehicles/esp-idf.git the file exists and things
started compiling. There was a submodule change and I did update that.

I was following the
https://esp-idf.readthedocs.io/en/latest/get-started/index.html#setup-toolchain
instructions to set up my toolchain, but on re-reading your mail, you
were only recommedning getting the right version of the xtensa tar file
not all the things! I did think it was odd that we were going back to
some floating revision of the idf, but didn't actually re-check that, sorry.

Is the v2 server connection over the simcom modem with the new idf
reasonably stable yet?