[Ovmsdev] Server v3, proof-of-concept

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Jan 19 14:15:29 HKT 2018

I’ve committed a proof-of-concept for the server v3. Trying to keep this to just simple pure MQTT, so it can operate with any standard MQTT server.

Of course, we’ll need our own api conventions on top of MQTT, but the basic metrics should work with any standard client/server. Screenshot below is from MQTTInspector on iPad, and I’m using a mosquito server.

Don’t try this over cellular, as it currently sends metrics in real time as they change. For the final implementation, we’ll poll them in a similar way to v2 and only send changed ones once every N minutes.

Regards, Mark