[Ovmsdev] Lost configuration

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Aug 12 06:19:19 HKT 2018

Hi,

My OVMS v3 prototype appears to have lost it's configuration. It stopped
talking to the server a few days ago and power cycling wasn't helping. I
had a chance to see what was on the serial console today. The OVMS
prompt and command interface is working normally, but there doesn't
appear to be anything configured. I'm still using a startup script I
wrote before we had the configuration gui, and that doesn't appear to
execute at startup. If I do a vfs ls /store then the command line
interface hangs and I have to power cycle it to get it back. I don't
have the wifi turned on so I don't know if the web interface works after
doing this.

This behaviour is repeatable, I if I power cycle the module the config
is still missing and vfs ls /store still hangs.

What is the best way to debug it? Michael appears to have had a similar
problem in
https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/issues/151
how do I dump the flash to investigate why listing the directory hangs
the command line interface?