[Ovmsdev] Crash debugging

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Mon Apr 9 00:35:24 HKT 2018

Michael,

I just took a quick look at the diff.  There are many lines changed
because trailing whitespace was removed, presumably as an automatic
action by your editor.  Is that something you can configure it not to
do?

I noticed the same phenomenon on some of Mark's recent commits as well,
when the files being committed were ones that he had created/edited
before, so perhaps you and he are using a new editor or its policy has
changed.

I don't like trailing whitespace, and I am careful to avoid it as I
write code.  However, I also take extra effort to avoid removing any
existing trailing whitespace (or make other unrelated changes like
comment fixes) as part of committing a change, especially for source
that isn't mine.  I sometimes make separate commits with just those
nonfunctional changes.  This is to keep the annotation log meaningful.

I don't mean this as a major criticism, just a question.

                                                        -- Steve