[Ovmsdev] Lessons learnt, production batch #2 and onwards

Craig Leres leres at xse.com
Tue Apr 24 00:06:29 HKT 2018

On 04/23/18 01:44, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
> # Factory default, use Access Point mode, SSID OVMS password “OVMSinit”,
> and no module password. Have them connect to the module over wifi Access
> Point, and http://192.168.4.1/.

I thought making the setup wifi passphrase be the the serial number
printed on the module was an excellent factory default. I've seen dsl
modems that do this. When I see unique default passwords in products it
gives a little confidence they were designed with security in mind.

What would be really slick is if the smartphone apps could have a "setup
new module" mode. I've never used it but I think ruckus wireless has
this. The app looks for ssid's with the right name then prompts the user
to enter the serial number, scan again to pick a wifi network, enter the
details, etc.

		Craig