[Ovmsdev] Initial experience and Nissan Leaf updates (was: Turned off commenting on the OVMS v3 User Guide)

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Fri Apr 20 07:39:09 HKT 2018

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, Robin O'Leary wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 03:03:20PM -0700, Stephen Casner wrote:
> > Thanks for the debug outputs.  For the buster case where the
> > connection immediately closes, there must be something about the DH
> > handshake that the server can't handle, but the client-side debug
> > output doesn't indicate what that might be.  You can enable some
> > logging by the server on the USB/async console with the command:
> >
> > log level debug wolfssh
> >
> > This causes a lot of blathering that won't be useful, but there may be
> > a useful hint near the end of it.  Maybe that will tell us something
> > for the squeeze case as well.
>
> The log output was very brief:
>
> E (43385740) ssh: Error in reception: -20

Oops, I forgot, the code to generate the wolfssh log messages is not
compiled in by default, so an edit to components/wolfssh/component.mk
is required for that log output from the WolfSSH library to be
generated.  The message we see is output by my code reporting an error
code from the library.  If logging in wolfssh had been enabled, we
would have seen one of the following:

"Unable to negotiate KEX Algo"
"Unable to negotiate Server Host Key Algo"
"Unable to negotiate Encryption Algo Client to Server"
"Unable to negotiate Encryption Algo Server to Client"
"Unable to negotiate MAC Algo Client to Server"
"Unable to negotiate MAC Algo Server to Client"
"Unable to negotiate Compression Algo Client to Server"
"Unable to negotiate Compression Algo Server to Client"
"Public Key's type does not match public key type"
"Signature's type does not match public key type"
pkTypeId != ID_SSH_RSA

That covers a lot of territory.  If you would like to dig further, you
can uncomment this line in components/wolfssh/component.mk and compile
again (it may be necessary to make clean first):

#CFLAGS += -DDEBUG_WOLFSSH

Then try again with the "log level debug wolfssh" and we should get
one of those messages.

                                                        -- Steve