[Ovmsdev] Problem switching to Range mode charging (TR)

Greg D. gregd2350 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 10:48:09 HKT 2018

Hi folks,

To the Roadster owners among us...  I just tried switching my 2.0
Roadster from Standard to Range mode charging, and there was an unusual
"pop", similar to the car or OpenEVSE contactors engaging, but louder,
followed by all the fans going off and a "Power Train Service Required"
error on the display.  Tapping away the message, the car started
charging in Range mode as normal...  Odd, and rather unnerving, given
that I'm heading out on a trip shortly.  I'll pull the logs when I return.

This was my first experience using the OVMS system to control charging.
I don't want to try it again.

Has anyone else tried doing this?

Greg