[Ovmsdev] Newbie question & initial report

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Oct 9 14:31:34 HKT 2017

Steve,

> You may have noticed that in 57aab41 I fixed the bug that caused the
> crash.  The OvmsHttpClient::m_buf variable was not initialized.

Thanks for that. Nice find. Works for me:

Welcome to the Open Vehicle Monitoring System (OVMS) - Async Console
OVMS > ota flash http
Current running partition is: factory
Target partition is: ota_0
Download firmware from api.openvehicles.com/firmware/ota/v3/main/ovms3.bin to ota_0
Error: Request failed
W (7274) net: DNS lookup on api.openvehicles.com failed err=202

Feel bad about that one. I (almost) never do that (I push myself into the habit of adding initialisers and destructors when I create the member variable). Not sure how that slipped through, but it explains the weird stack mess.

> OVMS > ota flash http
> OTA flash was successfull
>  Flashed 927744 bytes from api.openvehicles.com/firmware/ota/v3/main/ovms3.bin
>  Next boot will be from ‘ota_0'

Looks good! (apart from the spelling error, now fixed)

Regards, Mark.