[Ovmsdev] V3 progress

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Mon Oct 23 12:31:39 HKT 2017

On 23/10/17 16:05, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
> The #define will be seen by anything that pulls in
> vehicle_nissanleaf.h. You are pretty safe in this case, as
> vehicle_nissanleaf.cpp is probably the only thing that will ever pull
> in that .h.
>
> Classes don’t have private #defines. That is a pre-processor
> directive, so is actually processed even before the C/C++ compiler is
> called.

Yeah, I thought it would work like that. I've moved the defines to the
.h file without changing their names, rebased, tested and pushed to my
branch.

> I think the car-on and car-off detection will always be
> vehicle-specific. Perhaps something to help with this could be done in
> vehicle.{h,cpp}? Perhaps a CarAwakeTickle() function that the car
> module calls, and if that is not called in N seconds, then
> vehicle.{h,cpp} automatically records the car as off? Just not sure
> how many vehicles would need this. Perhaps simplest for you to implement:

I'll see what I can prototype in the leaf code and if it's generally
useful it can be pulled out.

> For high-level events like car-off, car-started, car-asleep, etc, I
> think these can be handled at a high level (probably in vehicle.{h,cpp}).

Yes, once the condition is actually identified, it makes sense to
trigger a shared event for common functionality to build upon.