[Ovmsdev] V3 progress

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Oct 23 11:05:18 HKT 2017

The #define will be seen by anything that pulls in vehicle_nissanleaf.h. You are pretty safe in this case, as vehicle_nissanleaf.cpp is probably the only thing that will ever pull in that .h.

Classes don’t have private #defines. That is a pre-processor directive, so is actually processed even before the C/C++ compiler is called.

Steve is looking at the ovms_command issue you identified. I think he’s fixed it already (based on commit history), but will leave him to reply. Very helpful - please keep hacking away at this to discover the edge cases.

I think the car-on and car-off detection will always be vehicle-specific. Perhaps something to help with this could be done in vehicle.{h,cpp}? Perhaps a CarAwakeTickle() function that the car module calls, and if that is not called in N seconds, then vehicle.{h,cpp} automatically records the car as off? Just not sure how many vehicles would need this. Perhaps simplest for you to implement:

OvmsVehicleNissanLeaf::CarAwakeTickle()
If metrics show car is off, then make it as on. Reset car awake tickle counter

OvmsVehicleNissanLeaf::Ticker1
A generic ticker to increment car awake tickle counter, and if it hits a limit then to metric the car as off.

Or, however you think best to implement this. The idea is to implement it using a generic mechanism, but in OvmsVehicleNissanLeaf class. If it is found to be generically useful, then it can simply be moved to the vehicle.{h,cpp} parent class and is then available everyone.

For high-level events like car-off, car-started, car-asleep, etc, I think these can be handled at a high level (probably in vehicle.{h,cpp}).

Regards, Mark.