[Ovmsdev] Debugging

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Thu Nov 23 06:20:02 HKT 2017

Also google "gdb cheat sheet" for some helpful command overview PDFs.

If you cannot use "make monitor" or had the module disconnected from USB when the crash occurred, you can attach gdb to the crashed module like this:

xtensa-esp32-elf-gdb -ex "set serial baud 115200" -ex "target remote /dev/ttyUSB0" -ex interrupt build/ovms3.elf

(replace the device by your USB serial device, path is relative to Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/vehicle/OVMS.V3)