[Ovmsdev] V3 size and arrangement

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Sat May 20 12:16:54 HKT 2017

Mark,

My particular OVMS application is the Tesla Roadster.  I have the v1
module installed against the "firewall" above the center console.  It
barely fits there because of the antenna connector extending on the
long side.  The vertical space available is just 10cm.  The (A) layout
would likely exceed that dimension once it's in a box, so I prefer the
(B) layout.

Perhaps the concern about height with the (B) layout could be
mitigated by having two box choices accommodating one or two daughter
boards.

The size of the Raspberry Pi would be OK, but existing boxes would not
likely be suitable because they would probably have holes cut to fit
the connectors on the Pi.

                                                        -- Steve